NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES / (AVISO DE PRÁCTICAS DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD)
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND
DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact the Health
Who Will Follow This Notice
This notice describes our hospital's practices and that of:
- Any health care professional authorized to enter information into your
- All departments and units of the hospital.
- Any member of a volunteer group we allow to help you while you are in the hospital.
- All Employees, staff and other hospital personnel.
All these entities, sites and locations follow the terms of this notice.
In addition, these entities, sites and locations may share medical information
with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations purposes
described in this notice.
Our Pledge Regarding Medical Information
We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal.
We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We create
a record of the care and services you receive at the hospital. We need
this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain
legal requirements. This notice applies to all of the records of your
care generated by the hospital, whether made by hospital personnel or
your personal doctor. Your personal doctor may have different policies
or notices regarding the doctor's use and disclosure of your medical
information created in the doctor's office or clinic.
This notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose
medical information about you. We also describe your rights and certain
obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
We are required by law to:
- Make sure that medical information that identifies you is kept private
(with certain exceptions);
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect
to medical information about you; and
- Follow the terms of our notice that is currently in effect.
Effective Date: March 2013